European Drying Conference - postponed to 2022.
Recent Event of the Working Party
2019 Awards of WPD
- 2019 Excellence Award in Drying and Freeze-drying
The Award was presented at the EuroDrying2019 Confereence in Torino, Italy, in July 2019.
Sponsor: Criofarma s.a.s
- EFCE Student contest Drying: ideas and challenges for a sustainable world
Aims & Objectives of the EFCE-WPD
The Working Party aims are:
- to promote science, technology and education in solids drying in EFCE member countries and worldwide;
- promotion of interaction between academia and industry, to allow improvement of drying science and technology and encourage applications in industry of the latest scientific models and discoveries;
- international exchange of knowledge and experience, between scientists as well as between scientists and practising engineers;
- information exchange about the main trends in research on drying performed by the EFCE member countries, i.e. countries having delegates in the WPD;
- information about conferences and meetings held or planned to be held in those countries, and other major interna-tional conferences (e.g. International Drying Symposia);
- information about activities of national working parties on drying of the EFCE member countries;
- to contribute to the definition of standards, nomenclature, recommended techniques and other good practice in drying;
- provision of links to other important sources of information on drying and related subjects;
- any other activities leading to the development and promotion of drying technologies.
The EFCE Working Party was set up in 1980 to provide a forum for drying experts from academia and industry to meet and exchange knowledge and experience. The first chairman was Prof. Ernst Schlunder of the University of Karlsruhe, Germany.
Since then, the Working Party has met regularly and has organised or supported many technical meetings, including a num-ber of the International Drying Symposia (IDS) which have been held in Europe. Plans for future EFCE Drying Working Party meetings and supported events can be found on the Events page.
Full details of the EFCE, its history, the national member societies and the other working parties can be found on the main EFCE information page at http://www.efce.info/.
EFCE WPD Business Meetings
The Working Party on Drying holds a business meeting once a year. This meeting is often linked with a separate technical meeting of one of the member societies involved in the Working Party. In addition, the WP is happy to support and publicise meetings organised by national groups on drying. Where additional WP meetings are required during the year, they will preferentially be held in conjunction with an existing technical meeting of a national working party, or an international conference. For past meetings see "Previous activities".
International conferences related to drying
International Drying Symposia (IDS)
- Next Symposium: IDS 2021, Worchester, MA, USA, 27-30 June 2021, Worchester, MA, USA (postponed by 1 year)
European Drying Conference
- Recent event in the series:
EuroDrying'2019 - 7th European Drying Conference, Torino, Italy, 10-12 July 2019
- Next European Drying Conference - re-scheduled to be held in 2022
Other International Conferences related to Drying
Meetings of National Groups and Working Parties in the field of Drying:
- AFSIA meetings
- German Drying Working Party meetings
- IChemE SDSG meetings
- Other events organised by national groups
Awards of the Working Party
The call for nominations for the 2019 Excellence Award in Drying and Freeze-drying is closed.
The Award will be presented at the EuroDrying2019 Conference to be held in Torino, Italy, on 10-12 July 2019.
Sponsor: Criofarma s.a.s
Submission form: https://efce.info/polito.html
Deadline: extended to 15 June 2019
Working Party Meetings
Agendas and Minutes of EFCE-WPD Meetings:
- Minutes of Business Meeting, Hyderabad (India), 11 November 2008
- Minutes of Business Meeting, Copenhagen (DK), 12 June 2008
- Newsletter, 5 November 2007
- Minutes of Business Meeting, Biarritz (F), 24 May 2007
- Minutes of Business Meeting, Budapest (H), 21 August 2006
- Minutes of Business and Technical Meeting, Paris (F), 12 May 2005
- Minutes of Informal Meeting, Sao Paulo, Brazil; 23 August 2004
- Minutes of Business and Technical Meeting, Nuremberg (D), 17 March 2004
- Minutes of Business and Technical Meeting, Crete (GR), 4 September 2003
- Minutes of Business Meeting, Magdeburg (D), 11 April 2002
- Agenda for Business Meeting, Magdeburg (D), 11 April 2002
- Minutes of Special Discussion Meeting, Karlsruhe (D), 11 January 2001
- Minutes of Business Meeting, Noordwijkerhout (NL), 28 August 2000
- Agenda for Business Meeting, Noordwijkerhout (NL), 28 August 2000
Presentations from Technical Meetings
Below are presentations from the Technical Meeting held at Magdeburg on 11-12 April 2002.
- Kemp, I C (Hyprotech, AEA Technology, Harwell, UK): Recent developments in the industrial application of dryer modelling
- van Deventer, H C (TNO Environment, Energy and Process Innovation, Apeldoorn, The Netherlands): Advanced drying concepts: adsorption and superheated steam
- Stakic, M B (Institute of Nuclear Sciences, Belgrade, Yugoslavia): Numerical study on hygroscopic capillary-porous material drying in a packed bed
- Dimitriadis, A & Akritidis, C (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece): A model to simulate alfalfa drying in fixed deep-bed
- Slangen, H (DSM Research, Geleen, the Netherlands): Activities of the Solids Processing Industrial Network (SPIN) in the field of drying
- Tsotsas, E (Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg, Germany) & Groeneweld, H (AMMAG GmbH, Gunshkirchen, Austria): Modular methods for the design and simulation of fluidized bed dryers with indirect heating
- Heinrich S, Ihlow, M, Peglow, M & Morl, L (Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg, Germany): Theoretical and experimental study of fluidized bed steam drying Part 1 , Part 2 and Part 3
- Peglow, M, Henneberg, M, Ihlow, M, Heinrich, S & Morl, L (Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg, Germany): Coupled population, mass and heat balances for liquid sprayed gas/solid fluidized beds
Past International conferences related to drying
21st International Drying Symposium ( IDS2018)
6th European Drying Conference - EuroDrying'2017
20th International Drying Symposium (IDS 2016)
First Nordic Baltic Drying Conference (NBDC 2015)
8th Asia-Pacific Drying Conference (ADC 2015)
5th European Drying Conference (EuroDrying'2015)