The recent business meeting of the Section took place Florence, Italy in September 2019 in conjunction with ECCE12&ECAB5.
Planned Activities and Events
- Membrane and Electromembrane Processes Conference-MELPRO 2020, Prague, Czech Republic, April 12-15, 2020 (Prof. Enrico Drioli, Chair of the Section, is the Chair of the Conference).
- Following the previous editions, an Italy-Korea Workshop will be organized in April 2021.
- A Workshop on Membrane Distillation & Related Technologies is planned for April 2021.
The Mission of the Section on Membrane Engineering is as follows:
- to develop European cooperation and professional activity in the largely interdisciplinary areas of chemical engineering and related fields by preparing reports, investigating important problems, organising specialised events and addressing tasks complementary to those covered by the Working Parties;
- to attract to the Federation a large number of chemical engineers and/or specialists in related fields, willing to actively contribute to the activities of the Federation.
The sphere of proposed work is compatible with the objects of the Federation and it does not overlap with the fields covered by other Working Parties or Sections of the Federation. The Section on Membrane Engineering will also interact and will collaborate with any other existing organization acting in membrane engineering (The European Membrane Society, Network of Excellence (e.g., NanoMemPro), etc.).
Events organised by or in cooperation with the Section on Membrane Engineering
- Session on Membrane Engineering at ECCE12&ECAB5, 15-19 September 2019, Florence (Italy).
- EU-CHINA Cooperation Conference on Membrane Technology Innovation, 9-10 July 2019, Weihai (China).
- Membrane and Electromembrane Processes Conference-MELPRO 2020, Prague, Czech Republic, 12 - 15 April 2020 (Prof. Enrico Drioli, Chair of the Section, is the Chair of the Conference).
- Italy-Korea Workshop, April 2021.
- Workshop on Membrane Distillation & Related Technologies, planned for April 2021.
Excellence Award in Membrane Engineering
The Section is promoting the Excellence Award in Membrane Engineering, to be granted every three years. The most recent Award was presented at Euromembrane 2018, held on 9th-13th July 2018 in Valencia (Spain).
Read more about the winners of the previous Excellence Awards
The next Award is planned for 2021 and will be presented at Euromembrane 2021, that will be held in London (UK).
Watch out for the call for nominations which will open in summer 2020.
Publications / Documents
The Section on Membrane Engineering is collaborating in the preparation of the EU-China Membrane Newsletter edited by the Institute on Membrane Technology (ITM-CNR, Italy). The latest issue is of June 2019.
Download the June 2019 issue of the EU-China Membrane Newsletter HERE
A report on the progress of process engineering in China has been prepared in June 2019.
Download the report HERE
WORKING PARTY BUSINESS MEETINGS
- September 2019, Florence Italy
Minutes; List of Participants;
LATEST ORGANISED EVENTS
- A Session on Membrane Engineering was held during the ECCE12 Conference, 15th-19th September 2019, Florence (Italy).
- EU-CHINA Cooperation Conference on Membrane Technology Innovation, July 9-10, 2019, Weihai (China).
- Prof. Enrico Drioli, Chair of the Section, has been appointed as Chair of the Membrane and Electromembrane Processes (MELPRO) Conference, held in Prague (Czech Republic) on May 13-16, 2018. He has been actively involved in the organisation of the event, that was very successful.
- Members of the Section have contributed to the Euromembrane 2018, held on July 9-13, 2018, in Valencia (Spain).