Excellence Award in Process Safety
The EFCE presents a triennial Excellence Award to recognise a PhD thesis published in the preceding three-year period, which demonstrates outstanding contribution to research and/or practice in process safety. This document describes how this award series will operate and the rules & procedures governing nomination and selection of candidates.
The award will comprise
- A certificate
- A cash award of 1500 euros
- Free access to the Loss Prevention Symposium
- A travel grant (up to 500 euros) to attend the Loss Prevention Symposium, where the award will be presented
The award will be presented
- at the triennial Loss Prevention Symposium, in plenary session.
- The award is presented primarily to researchers or engineers at the begin of their career, who have made excellent contributions to safety in the process industries.
- Nominations can be submitted by
- PhD supervisors at a PhD-awarding institution in an EFCE member country
- Members of a national or regional member association of EFCE
- Self-nominations are excluded. No more than one nomination can be submitted by the same person
- The nominated PhD Thesis must address a topic relevant to the field of process safety.
- The nominated PhD Thesis must have been published during the three calendar years preceding the closing date for nominations.
- The nominated PhD Thesis must have been completed and published and the PhD degree examined and awarded.
Publication of selected work
The successful candidate will be invited to make a presentation at the Loss Prevention Symposium at which the Award is presented.
Call for nominations
Winners of the award
© DECHEMA e.V. last update July 23, 2018