The European Federation of Chemical Engineering (EFCE) is pleased to announce the biennial EFCE Excellence Award in Process Intensification to be awarded for an outstanding PhD thesis in the field of process intensification.
This document describes how this award series will operate and the rules and procedures governing nomination and selection of candidates.
The award will comprise:
- A certificate
- A cash award of EUR 1,500
- A travel grant (not exceeding EUR 500) and fee waiver to attend the event where the award will be presented
The award is sponsored by Microinnova Engineering GmbH and will be presented at a special session of the 8th European Process Intensification Conference -EPIC 8, which will be held in Warsaw, Poland, on 30 May to 2 June 2023.
Deadline for submission of nominations:
28 February 2023
- The award is presented to researchers or engineers in the early stage of their careers, who have made excellent contributions to process intensification.
- Nominations may be submitted by PhD supervisors at a university or PhD-awarding institution in an EFCE Member Country.
- Self-nominations are excluded.
- No more than one nomination can be submitted by the same person.
- The nominated PhD thesis must address a topic relevant to the field of process intensification.
- The nominated PhD thesis must have been published between 1 January 2021 and 31 December 2022.
- The nominated PhD thesis must have been completed and published and the PhD degree examined and awarded.
Nomination procedure, supporting documentation and closing date
Supporting documentation: nominations should be submitted via the online submission tool and must contain the following information:
- Name, address and CV of the nominee;
- Name, address and nomination letter of the supervisor/nominator;
- Date work commenced, PhD awarded and thesis published;
- In addition to the nomination letter, two letters of recommendation (no more than two pages each) from two independent referees from different institutions outlining the key contribution to process intensification and stating clearly why the contribution is considered to be truly outstanding and thus deserving the Excellence Award.
- An extended abstract of the PhD thesis in English (maximum 10 pages) containing
a summary, the problem addressed, state of the art, key innovations, applications or implementations and results, as well as references.
- An electronic copy of the thesis.
Deadline: 28 February 2023. Late nominations will not be considered.
Publication of selected work
The successful candidate will be invited to make a presentation at a special session of EPIC-8.