Nienow Lifetime Recognition Award in Mixing
Awarded by the EFCE Working Party on Mixing; Sponsored by Alvin and Helen Nienow
Call for Nominations 2021
The Nienow Lifetime Recognition Award is a triennial award, given to a senior researcher or industrial engineer belonging to one of the EFCE member countries in recognition of his/her outstanding contribution to mixing research and practice throughout his/her career. This document describes how this award will operate and the rules and procedures governing nomination and selection of candidates. The Award is sponsored by Alvin and Helen Nienow.
The award will comprise:
- A plaque
- A certificate
- A cash award of €1000
The award will be presented during the 17th European Conference on Mixing (free registration by the Conference Organisers will be given in the event that attendance is not supported from elsewhere) and succeeding European Conferences on Mixing.
- The nominated candidate must belong to one of the EFCE member countries.
- The nominated candidate must be currently active in the field of Mixing.
- Self-nominations are excluded.
- Nominations must be submitted by members of a national or regional member association of EFCE.
- No more than one nomination can be submitted by the same person.
2. Nomination procedure, supporting documentation and closing date
- Nominations must be submitted via the online submission form available on the EFCE web page.
- Supporting documentation must contain the following information:
- Name, address and CV of nominee.
- List of publications of nominee.
- Name and address of nominator.
- A recommendation letter by the nominator (no more than two pages), outlining the nominee’s key contribution to mixing research and/or mixing practice in the process industries and stating clearly why the contribution is considered to be truly outstanding and thus deserving the Award.
- Deadline: nominations must be submitted not later than Friday, 9 April 2021 (final extended deadline).
3. Selection Criteria
The evaluation criteria adopted by the WP Award Committee are:
- outstanding publications in international journals in the field of Mixing;
- international activities and networking, activity as mentor and/or supervisor, leadership of research groups in the field of Mixing;
- industrial significance of the application or development of mixing expertise to industrial problems, authorship of patents;
- service and commitment to the European Mixing community and beyond.
4. Evaluation procedure
- The Award Committee of the EFCE Working Party on Mixing will review the documents provided in support of the nominations, make a scientific evaluation of the submitted proposals and select the most eligible candidate. Nominations can be rejected due to insufficient documentation as compared to the required supporting documentation. The Committee is not required to research additional documents which have not been supplied, but may compile more information from other sources.
- If a nominated candidate is a member of the Award Committee of the EFCE Working Party on Mixing, he/she will be required to step aside during the evaluation procedure of the Lifetime Recognition Award candidates so as to not bias the final decision.
- If a member of the Award Committee of the EFCE Working Party on Mixing is a nominator or if he/she belongs to the same institution of the nominated candidate, he/she will step aside during the evaluation procedure of the Lifetime Recognition Award candidates, so as to not bias the final decision.
The decisions of the Committee are final and no discussions of any kind will be entered into.