Process Intensification Award
Call for nominationS 2019
The European Federation of Chemical Engineering (EFCE) is pleased to announce the second EFCE Process Intensification Award for Industrial Innovation to be awarded for an outstanding example of industrial application in the field of process intensification.
This document describes how this award series will operate and the rules and procedures governing nomination and selection of candidates.
The award will comprise:
- A dedicated plaque
- Announcement on the EFCE website and communicated with a press release.
- A presentation at a special session of the IPIC2 conference.
The award is sponsored by Technip Benelux B.V. and will be presented at a special session of the 2nd International Process Intensification Conference - IPIC2 which will be held in Leuven, Belgium on 27-29 May 2019 (conference website:https://kuleuvencongres.be/ipic2019/).
- The award is presented to an employee or a team of employees of a company, who have made excellent contributions to industrial application of process intensification.
- Nominations may be submitted by employees of companies with operations in an EFCE Member Country.
- Self-nominations are excluded.
- No more than one nomination can be submitted by the same person.
- The nominated industrial innovation must address a topic relevant to the field of process intensification.
- The nominated industrial innovation must have been developed between 1 January 2017 and 31 December 2018.
- The nominated industrial innovation must be in the stage of pilot-scale or full-scale industrial operation.
Nomination procedure, supporting documentation and closing date
Nominations should be submitted as PDF files via email to the "EFCE Process Intensification Award for Industrial Innovation Committee" (), which consists of representatives of the EFCE Working Party on Process Intensification.
Supporting documentation: nominations must be submitted as a single package and must contain the following information:
- Title of the innovation
- Name, address and website of the company
- Name, address and e-mail of the employee(s) involved
- Date of the development
- Description the unique technical and innovative character and properties of the process. i.e. a summary of the research methodology & results (maximum 100 words)
- A summary of the market depicting the state of the industry - where does your innovation fit in? (maximum 500 characters incl. spaces)
- Specification of the results of actual process applications (maximum 3500 characters incl. spaces). Graphs, schemes and pictures can be added as appendix, but should not exceed 3 pages.
- Overview of the marketing status of the process or technology. i.e. availability, development stage, etc. (maximum 3500 characters incl. spaces)
- In one sentence, why you think your product/technology should win this Award? (maximum 500 characters incl. spaces)
Note that all of the above documentation should be submitted electronically as a complete package. Nominations which do not conform to these requirements will not be considered. Please also note that entries featuring a significant proportion (i.e. more than 5%) of marketing and sales information compared to scientific/factual evidence will be marked down by the judging committee.
DEADLINE: extended to 20 February 2019
Late nominations will not be considered.
© DECHEMA e.V. last update February 15, 2019