“Michael L. Michelsen” Award
Call for Nominations 2024
The “Michael L. Michelsen” Award aims to honour a senior member of the community that is active in a European institution.
Rules for nominations and eligibility:
- The nomination of the candidates will be based upon the scope & significance of their contribution and/or achievements for the advancement of science and technology within Thermodynamics and Transport Properties (TTP).
- The 2024 award ceremony will take place at the 33rd European Symposium of Applied Thermodynamics (ESAT) to be held in Edinburgh, United Kingdom, on 9-12 June 2024. The laureate will be given the opportunity to present a keynote talk.
- Once the selected candidate has accepted to receive the award, this information will be announced through a press release and posted on various websites (the EFCE/WP TTP website) and on social media.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Deadline for nominations: 15 January 2024
Nominations received after this date will not be accepted.
Nominations should be submitted via the online submission tool and must contain the following information:
- Name, address and position of the nominator and the nominee;
- A nomination letter which should include:
- Scope & significance of the contribution (provide a short description highlighting the scope & significance of the contributions, etc.) of the candidate. Scope in terms of application range, problems solved, etc. of the contribution; and significance of the contribution in terms of value of the contribution, state of the art, etc.; 1 page
- References and citations (related to the listed contributions) - minimum 3;
- Short CV.