The EFCE/EMS present a triennial Excellence Award to recognise a PhD thesis or paper(s) published in the preceding three-year period, which demonstrates the most outstanding contribution to research and/or practice in Membrane Engineering. This document describes how this award series will operate and the rules and procedures governing nomination.
The award will comprise:
The award will be presented during a Plenary Session of the Euromembrane 2018 Conference, which will be held in Valencia, Spain, on 09-13 July 2018.
PhD theses or papers published between 01.01.2015 and 31.12.2017 may be nominated for evaluation, with a closing date of
Nomination procedure, supporting documentation and closing date
Submission of nominations: Nominations should be submitted via the online submission tool and must contain the following information:
- Name, address and CV of the nominee
- Name and address of nominator
- Title of the PhD thesis or the paper(s)
- Date work commenced and date at which the PhD thesis was defended or publication date of the paper(s)
- Two letters of recommendation (no more than two pages each), from two independent referees outlining the key contribution to Membrane Engineering and stating clearly why the contribution is considered to be truly outstanding and thus deserving the Excellence Award.
- In the case of nominating a PhD thesis: An extended abstract of the thesis in English (maximum 10 pages) containing the following information must be included:
- problem addressed,
- state of the art,
- key scientific and technological innovations,
- applications, implementations and results,
- upon request a copy of the thesis, as published (this will be returned after the evaluation
- In case of nominating a paper/papers: Copy/copies of up to the two most important publications in international journals where the nominee is the first author.
Deadline: nominations must be submitted online to reach the Excellence Award Committee no later than 20 April 2018. Late nominations will not be considered.
Presentation of selected work
The successful candidate will be invited to make a presentation at the Euromembrane 2018 Conference at which the Award is presented.
Download of the press release
EFCE Press Releases
EFCE Press Release 12/2014
© DECHEMA e.V. 1995-2007 alle Rechte vorbehalten