Excellence Award in Chemical Reaction Engineering
Call for nominations 2018
The European Federation of Chemical Engineering (EFCE) is pleased to announce its Excellence Award in Chemical Reaction Engineering to be awarded at chemical engineering events for an outstanding PhD thesis in the field of chemical reaction engineering. This document describes how this award series will operate and the rules and procedures governing nomination.
The award will comprise:
- A certificate
- A cash award of EUR 1,500
- A travel grant (not exceeding EUR 500) and fee waiver to attend the conference where the award will be presented
The 2018 Excellence Award will be presented at a special session of the 25th International Symposium in Chemical Reaction Engineering (ISCRE-25) which will be held in Florence, Italy, from 20 to 23 May 2018.
- The award is presented to researchers or engineers in the early stage of their careers, who have made excellent contributions to the field of chemical reaction engineering.
- Nominations may be submitted by PhD supervisors at a university or PhD-awarding institution in an EFCE member country.
- Self-nominations are excluded.
- No more than one nomination can be submitted by the same person.
- The nominated PhD thesis must address a topic relevant to the field of chemical reaction engineering.
- The nominated PhD thesis must have been defended between 1 January 2015 and 30 September 2017.
- The nominated PhD thesis must have been completed and published and the PhD degree examined and awarded.
Nomination procedure, supporting documentation and closing date
Supporting documentation: nominations should be submitted via the online submission tool and must contain the following information:
- Name, address and CV of the nominee.
- Name and address of the nominator.
- Title of the PhD thesis.
- Date work commenced and PhD thesis published.
- Two letters of recommendation (no more than two pages each), from two independent referees as well as one letter of recommendation in English from the nominator (no more than two pages), outlining the key contribution to chemical reaction engineering and stating clearly why the contribution is considered to be truly outstanding and thus deserving the Excellence Award.
- Copies of the two most important publications, preferably in English, resulted from the thesis and where the nominee is first author.
- Upon request four copies of the thesis, as published (this will be returned after the evaluation is complete) should be provided
- An extended abstract in English (maximum 10 pages) containing the following information must be included:
- problem addressed,
- state of the art,
- key innovations,
- applications, implementations and results,
Deadline: 30 November 2017
Late nominations will not be considered.
The successful candidate will be invited to make a presentation at a special session of the ISCRE 2018 conference.
© DECHEMA e.V. last update October 17, 2017