Process Systems Enterprise Inc.
The Advanced Process Modeling Company
This document describes how this award series will operate and the rules & procedures governing nomination and selection of candidates.
The award will comprise
The award will be presented
Nomination procedure, supporting documentation & closing date
Supporting documentation: nominations should be submitted via the online submission tool and must contain the following information:
- Name, address and CV of nominee (PhD-student)
- Name and address of nominator/supervisor
- PhD Thesis title
- Date work commenced and date PhD awarded and Thesis published (note that the Thesis must have been completed and published and the PhD degree examined and awarded)
- Three letters of recommendation (no more than two pages each), from the supervisor/nominator and two independent referees from different institutions (one of whom could be the national delegate to the EFCE CAPE WP), outlining the key contribution to CAPE research and/or practice and stating clearly why the Thesis is considered to be truly outstanding and thus deserving the Excellence Award.
- An extended abstract in English (maximum 10 pages) containing the following information: summary, problem addressed, state of the art, key innovations, applications/implementations/results, references.
- At least one (but no more than two) refereed publications in English (in either a journal or the proceedings of a well- established conference series), with the candidate as first-named and primary author.
- Upon request: A copy of the Thesis, as published (this will be returned after the evaluation is completed, on request)
- Deadline : nominations must be submitted by the supervisor to reach the PhD Award Committee, without fail, no later than 31 December 2017.
Late nominations will be not be considered .
- The winning candidate, if any, will be informed no later than March 31st of the year in which the award will be presented.
Publication of selected work
- The successful candidate will be invited to make a plenary presentation at the ESCAPE event at which the award is presented.
- The successful candidate will be invited to prepare a paper for publication (based on the extended abstract) as a "guest paper" in Computers & Chemical Engineering.